On Sat, 30 Apr 1994, Cathy Weaver wrote:

> I use a Canon Zap Shot camera with Computer Eyes(digitizing hardware and
> software). Do you think this is what she's talking about? The camera
> takes still pictures on a floppy disk(smaller than 3.5) and holds 50
> images. You can then transfer the pictures to videotape or hook the
> camera to the computer (RCA cable) and digitize them with Computer Eyes.
> CE will  also digitize from a paused VCR picture or from a camcorder. You
> can then save the image as clipart (PCX, TIFF,TARGA) and import them into
> WP,Word for Windows, or other desktop publishers. We have all IBMs in our
> system. I'm not sure about the prices on these pieces (ballpark, maybe
> $800-but that was last year).

Cathy and the Group,

Do most of you supply this sort of service to your schools?  My dream is
to have all kinds of such equiment available for check out as well as for
independent in-house production by students as they do projects.  Right
now, it seems that in my school most of such equipment is purchased for
computer class rooms.  That's fine because teaching a group at one time
is a very efficient way to do it, but I also believe that students and
teachers need to be able to use the equipment as they need it.

I am interested in knowing to what extent most of you include multi-media
production in the library complex?

Betty
Betty Hamilton      <bhamilt@tenet.edu>     Voice: (806) 637-4523
Director of Library Media                           701 Cub Drive
Brownfield High School                        Brownfield TX 79316

LM_NET Archive Home