Margaret:

TALKING IN WHISPERS by James Watson (Chile)
GRAB HANDS AND RUN by Frances Temple (El Salvador)
HOUSE ON MANGO STREET by Cisneros (U.S. Hispanic)

Debbie Abilock              "It is important that students bring a certain
The Nueva School            ragamuffin barefoot irreverence to their studies;
Hillsborough, CA            they are not here to worship what is known, but
debbie@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us         to question it."  (Jacob Bronowski)

On Fri, 29 Jul 1994, Margaret Mary Bedle wrote:

> At the request of our high school Spanish teacher I am searching for
> English language novels which take place in any Spanish speaking
> country.   Ihave only been able to find Scott O'Dell's books, "Sahdow of
> the bull" and I, Juan de Parega".
> DOes anyone know of any other YA level novels which are readily avaiable?
>
> Thanks,
> Margaret
> mbedle@strauss.udel.edu

LM_NET Archive Home