Has anyone had experience with writing/publishing a
technology newsletter in a K-12 school district?
--
Our Computer Coordinator resigned and her responsibilities
(along with a 1/2 time library position) have been added to
my Media Coordinator's job. I now have a new title -
Technology Coordinator.
--
Spread thin over a number of jobs with little support, one
problem will be simply keeping contact with the 200 teachers
and administrators in six schools.  I want to keep the image
of technology alive and give recognition and support to the
teachers that use technology in their classrooms.  I know
nothing beats being there, but ....
--
I have some ideas, but I would appreciate some pointers from
people who has actually succeeded (or failed) at writing a
newsletter.  I want to keep it interesting and informative
and my main purpose is just to give technology a presence
and focus in the district. To give you an idea of my
direction, some possible topics I thought of are:
--
     Technology humor
     Interactive TV update (we've just joined a countywide
         ITV consortium)
     Technology successes in the classroom
     Technology use in the media centers
     Exemplary uses of technology in other districts
     Ron's corner (ramblings/philosophy about technology use
          in the district?)
     Internet highlights (we have very limited access)
     Software reviews
     This day in technology (wheel invented Aug. 1, 3221
         BC?)
     District technology committee update
--
I'm posting this to EDTECH and LM_NET.  If anyone is
interested in this topic, I'll post a HIT back to the list