Would some kind soul please send me the contact info for the Stumpers
listserv? I've got a real "stumper" for them.
        Melissa Davis                   Librarian
        Splendora Middle School         Splendora I.S.D.
        P O Box 168                     Splendora, TX 77372
        Internet: mbdavis@tenet.edu     PHONE: (713)689-2853
        CompuServe: 75146,771
PS: just in case any of you can answer it, here's the question -----

I am looking for the June, 1946 issue of _Modern Airports_ magazine (vol.
V no. 4).

I have searched (online) without finding it in: dra.com, melvyl, carl,
OCLC, LC-locis, National Air & Space Museum library, Embry-Riddle
Aeronautical Univ library, and various individual university and large
public library electronic catalogs. It is not listed in either the 1943 or
the 1949 editions of _Ayers_.

But I have actually _seen_ a copy of the cover of this magazine, so am
sure of the citation. Unfortunately the copy did not include the
statement of responsibility, so I can't track it down that way.

This issue's cover shows the World War 2 era hangar at Montgomery County
Airport, Conroe, Texas. This hangar burned on June 12, 1994 (along with
our copy of the magazine!). I am looking for another copy that we can get
a color reproduction of so we can enlarge it for framing. We will then
hang it in the new hanger after it is built.

A ERAU librarian suggested that a serial that old might not have an
electronic record but might be listed in a local database. Therefore, my
plea to this group.

If your library has a copy, or if you have a suggestion on where else
I might look, please contact me at:
                    mbdavis@tenet.edu

LM_NET Archive Home