Here is a compiled list from people that I received information from.  Sorry to
 those who sent info that didn't get on, but I'm still learning.

THOMASCA%ESUVM.bitnet@vm42.cso.uiuc.edu
        Gary Paulsen
 "Margaret J. McCormick" <mmccormi@services.dese.state.mo.us>
        catalog of the National Expansion Museum in St Louis, Mo -
DONNA GILLILAND <DGILLILA@charlie.usd.edu>
        EBE produced a series in the 1960Us and early 70Us entitled <Westward
        Movement>.It has 5 titles:  Settlers of the Old Northwest; Settlement
        of the Mississippi Valley; Settling of the Great Plains; Texas and Mexic
 an
        War; and The Gold Rush. They run 15-20 minutes each and are suitable
        for intermediate,jr. high and high school.

Time-Life produced the America series in the 1970Us.  Two titles that
seem appropriate are Part 5: Gone West; and Part 7: Domesticating and
 Wilderness.
Each program is 52 minutes long and suitable from intermediate-up.

Coronet Films issued a revised version of Pioneer Journey Across the
Appalachians in 1982.  It is 14 minutes long and suitable for intermediate
 and jr. high.

PBS released a series in 1991 called Land of the Eagle. There are 8
programs in all.  Most appropriate ones seem to be Vol. 2 Confronting the
 Wilderness; Vol. 4 Across the Sea of Grass; and Vol. 5 Into the Mountains.
 Each program is 60 minutes and suitable for jr. high-up.

Finally, Barr Films did a series around 1990 called American Frontier.
 There are 8 titles:  Frontier Buildings; Jamestown; Law and Outlaws of the
 West; Men on the Frontier; Mining Made the West; Railroads on the
 Frontier; Settlers of the West; and Women of the West.

There are also a number of individual films by various companies that I
have not listed, these are primarily series on the subject.  I can send you
 the annotations, but they are too long for this message.  If you have a
mailing address or fax number, I be glad to send them.  I hope this is
helpful in some way.

        looked at _Rendevous_, a film distributed by the National Audiovisual
Center in 1976.   It is a 10 minute film for junior high-up.  Here is our
annotation:  Describes the frontier life of American fur trappers in Teton
Canyon,Wyoming.  Shows a dramatic re-enactment of some aspects of the
        frontier life of the American fur trappers in the 1820's.

Frankie Mauney Dilling <fdilling@tenet.edu>
        book about Eastern Mountain men _I Always Tell the Truth:  Even If I Hav
        to Lie to Do It_Stories from the Adirondack Liar's Club edited by Vaughn
        Ward illustrations by Deborah Delaney, 1990.

"Jill Feuerhelm (503) 461-7250" <FEUERHELM@4J.LANE.EDU>
        Rick Steber's books
        Exploring the Pacific States Through Literature by Carol A. Doll
        (Oryx Press).
prlst012@llwsbe.wsbe.org (Suzanne Cane)
        Cobblestone Magazine 4-8 years back-about fur trappers