Good Morning, Sharon--

A couple of books I can think of offhand that give excellent background on
the stories and myths behind the constellations are:

_The Constellations:  How They Came to Be_  (rev. ed.) by Roy A. Gallant,
Four Winds Press, 1991 (ISBN 0-02-735776-7); and

_Private Lives of the Stars_ by Roy A. Gallant, MacMillan Press, 1986, (ISBN
0-02-737350-9).

The best one of all is out of print, but if you can find it, HANG ON TO IT!
It's called _The Field Guide to the Stars_.  I have no idea what the
copyright date was (probably 70s), but it was part of a series of field
guides.  I found it in at the Houston Public Library when I was in college
(1980), and it's the best resource for star stories I've ever come across.

Some fiction titles your friend might want to look for are:

_Bear in the Sky_ by Stefan Czernecki and  _Ludo the Star Horse_ by Mary
Stewart (yes, THE Mary Stewart!).

Good luck, Sharon!

Belinda

LM_NET Archive Home