Julie:

More to the point, I am familiar with the music research.  The work that
was done did not take into account the sophistication (musical) of the
students.  If a student is a musician, composer or sophisticated listener,
he/she will not necessarily"tune out" the music to background but rather
"listen" to the music...therefore, may not be able to do something else,
like draw or paint.

Debbie Abilock              "It is important that students bring a certain
The Nueva School            ragamuffin barefoot irreverence to their studies;
Hillsborough, CA            they are not here to worship what is known, but
debbie@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us         to question it."  (Jacob Bronowski)

On Thu, 11 Aug 1994, Julie Walker wrote:

> The Fine Arts Coordinator in our district asked me if I knew of a source
> for CD's or tapes that are a collection of musical selections designed to
> create a certain environment.  (e.g.  perhaps a Baroque selection to
> encourage thinking and reflection).  According to him there is research
> out there which supports using certain types of music to stimulate
> certain behaviors.  He also indicated that there are producers who have
> marketed this type of collection.  Please respond if you are familiar
> with any of these producers.
>

> Julie A. Walker                         District Media Center
> Director, Library & Media Services      13401 Pond Springs Rd.
> Round Rock ISD                          Austin, TX  78729
> jawalker@tenet.edu                      512-331-6697/512-331-1811 (FAX)

LM_NET Archive Home