> I am trying to find the correct address to the kidlit listserv. Does
> anyone out there know the correct address?

Hi Kay!

Write to LISTSERV@BINGVMB.BITNET

In Body write:SUB KIDLIT-L Kay Hughes

Do nothing else but send it.

Russell Smith
rssmith@tenet.edu
Educational Technologist

BTW  You can get a list of all current listservs by sending this command
in the Body to ANY listserv address: LIST GLOBAL

Then when you download that file to your word processor you can do
searches to find what you need (that's how I found the one you needed).

One caveat is the info only has the list name, list address, and list
description. You must supply the words LISTSERV and .BITNET to the list
address to make it work. Example: Your list name was in the big list as
KIDLIT-L with a list name of KIDLIT-L@BINGVMB  and a short description. I
knew that I wanted the listserv address to send a subscription to so I
took the list name KIDLIT@BINGVMB and made it into the general bitnet
listserv address LISTSERV@BINGVMB.BITNET. See how I did it? I put
LISTSERV at the beginning, the @BINGVMB in the middle, and .BITNET at the
end. You must do this for all the list addresses you will see in the
global list. The BITNET address will get you subscribed and you will
learn what is another more specific listserv address for that list when
you get your confirmation letter.

Sound confusing? Well, you'll get the hang of it.

LM_NET Archive Home