Date: Thu, 18 Aug 1994 15:19:46 -0700 (PDT)
From: Joe Sokalski <sokalski@CERF.NET>
Subject: GAO needs your help.

I am sending you this message because members of your interest
group may be able to contribute information helpful to future
Congressional deliberations about private for-profit management
companies for public schools.  If appropriate, would you please
distribute the following message to your members.

I work for the U.S General Accounting Office (GAO), an agency of
the Congress, and we provide Congressional policy makers with
information and analysis on economy and efficiency on federal
supported programs.

I am planning to do research work on private for-profit management
companies for public schools. I am looking for a list of for-profit
management companies that provide services to public schools, and
the types of services they provide. If a list does not exist, please
send me information on schools that are contracting with private
for-profit management companies.  I would appreciate any information
from a member of the discussion group who may be aware of such
information.  Please let me know where I could find this type of
information.

If members have ideas or suggestions they would like to have
considered in future programs and debates or issues I would
appreciation hearing from them.  Please reply by sending a message
or information to GAO via Internet to, sokalski@cerf.net or call
Lemuel Jackson at 213-346-8118.

Thank you,
Lemuel Jackson