Hello,
   Our administration is researching the responsibilities, compensation,
and time allocation given to department heads at the secondary school
level.  It would be a great help to hear how the following things are
handled at your school site.  I will be happy to post the results (I
promise to do it in a timely manner this time :-)

1. Do department heads (chairpersons) teach a full load of classes?
If they are given release time...how much?   ..and if they are given
release time are they still getting a monetary suppliment?

2. If department heads receive a monetary suppliment how is it calculated?
Is it a flat rate or based on the number of teachers in the department?

Thank you very much!!!

Please send responses to :   baileyk@mail.firn.edu

Katie Bailey  Seabreeze High School    Daytona Beach, FL  USA

LM_NET Archive Home