Hello fellow lm netters:  you've helped me out before and I'll see if you
can come up with a solution to an impossible (?) situation.

Our school is under construction, almost all of our books are in storage
until at least January, when the new library is due to be finished.
School starts next week, with about 100 more students than last year,
but no more classrooms ready yet.  People have been told we'll have
"library on a cart", but as far as I can tell, I won't even have a place
to sit in our school for a while.

I have pulled out some reference books and about 200 other books with
particularly "hot" interest, and paperbacks, etc.  They are now at a
parent's house.

I have a bunch of ideas about how to make this work, but I would love to
hear from any of you who can think of creative ideas to even capitalize
on the situation, or (heaven forfend) have been in such a situation
before.  I'm also automating the library this year (I know, crazy, isn't
it?), so I have a LOT to do.  What I really want to do is try to provide
some kind of effective library service to my kids and teachers, without
making myself crazy.

Thanks for any help or advice you can offer!

Send messages to me at:

m_chasteen@mentor.unh.edu

Marge Chasteen, Mast Way Elementary School, Lee, New Hampshire

LM_NET Archive Home