Sorry this took so long. I've just purchased a new system -- new pc, new
modem, new telecomm software -- it's taken me a couple of days to learn how to
use everything. The following information comes from searching the listserv
archives of Autocat (Authorities and Cataloging Discussion Group). I hope it
answers some of your questions.

I apologize for not answering personally, but in the muddle of learning to use
everything, I accidentally erased the file with your address. Sorry about
that.

Ron Bettencourt
Cataloger
Keeley Library
B.M.C. Durfee High School
360 Elsbree Street
Fall River, MA 02720
Internet: rbettencourt@umassd.edu

The Center for Electronic Texts in the Humanities announces the
publication of its first Technical Report:

        Guidelines for Cataloging
        Monographic Electronic Texts at the
        Center for Electronic Texts in the Humanities

In addition to describing AACR2 rules, corresponding MARC fields and the
guidelines followed at CETH, this 38-page document discusses some of the
issues specifically involved with cataloging humanities electronic
resources, and includes a bibliography of the most important sources of
information.

The report is not yet available electronically, but we are working on
converting it to a PostScript file to be made available over the
network at a later date, which will be announced on this list.

A printed version is available now at a cost of $15 within North
America, and $20 outside North America, including shipping and handling.
Send your check, made out in U.S. dollars to Rutgers, The State
University of New Jersey, to

        CETH Guidelines
        Center for Electronic Texts in the Humanities
        169 College Avenue
        New Brunswick, NJ 08903
        U.S.A.

Support for this project has been received from the National Endowment
for the Humanities (an independent federal agency), the Andrew W. Mellon
Foundation, the New Jersey Committee for the Humanities, and the Booth
Ferris Foundation.

Questions can be addressed to Christine Bohlen at ceth@zodiac.rutgers.edu.

Annelies Hoogcarspel
Catalog Librarian

Center for Electronic Texts in the Humanities
169 College Avenue
New Brunswick, NJ 08903
U.S.A.

phone: (908) 932-1384
fax:   (908) 932-1386

================================

The Center for Electronic Texts in the Humanities (CETH) is pleased to
announce that Technical Report No. 1, _Guidelines for Cataloging
Monographic Electronic Texts in the Center for Electronic Texts in the
Humanities_ is now available by anonymous ftp as a PostScript file.

FTP to ceth.princeton.edu
userid: anonymous

No password is needed. The document is called catguid.ps.  This file can
be printed on a PostScript printer.  The guidelines are copyrighted by CETH.

Hard copies are available through CETH at $15 in the U.S. and $20
for international requests.  This includes shipping and handling.
Shipments are made upon receipt of payment.  Make check out to "Rutgers,
the State University of New Jersey."  Mail to:

        CETH
        Cataloging Guidelines Request
        169 College Ave.
        New Brunswick, NJ  08903