I do not currently subscribe to LM-NET because I follow it on TENET's
mirror.  Can you post this message for me or must I subscribe again?

Message to post:

Karin Kretschmer, Follett's Product Manager for Circulation/Catalog Plus,
told me in May that she did not know of any way to avoid shutting down
for 3-5 days when upgrading to Unison.  A Follett salesperson recently
told one of our Follett users the same thing.

The Follett user is considering copying her database to another
machine and running the Unison upgrade on it (while continuing to operate
the 7.82N system), then copying the database back to her server and
installing the Unison software on it.  Has anyone tried this?

Bob Gaines
Central Texas Library System
gaines@tenet.edu
512-499-7489