I've just received a new publication called, ELECTRONIC STYLE:
A GUIDE TO CITING ELECTRONIC INFORMATION, by Xia Li and Nancy B.
Crane.  It's from Meckler Publishing, 11 Ferry Lane West
Westport, CT  06880  ISBN 088736-909-X   copyright 1993
     Although this publication gives only one example of citing
a CD-ROM, this is the only source I've seen to date that gives
extensive examples of how to cite information obtained through the
Internet--whether from gopher, telnet, on-line journals, bulletin
boards, etc.  It's aimed at serious researchers, probably an
academic audience, but many of us need this information in high
schools now.  The only CD-ROM title listed is a Shakespearean work, so
this still doesn't help with citing such original CD-ROM publications
as Guinness Multimedia Disk of Records, for example.  For that my
best source as yet is a book called WHERE CREDIT IS DUE, which is
useful for lots of alternative sources of info, but still does not
give enough attention to CD-ROM titles.  I'd appreciate any other
suggestions out there.

Deborah M. Locke
Westbrook High School Library
125 Stroudwater St.