I have experienced corrupted data both times I have tried to run Alliance
Plus autorecon.  I want to post my experience to the net so that maybe some
 of you can avoid the woes I've been through.
Version 1.1.0 of the Alliance Plus software has a bug in it that is
related to the author data.  If you don't know if you have this version,
check your registered product listing within the Utlities menu.  Follett
Software is aware of this bug and has prepared a new version that
corrects it, they say, but I have never been warned about it.

Before you run an autorecon, *be sure* to run an integrity check of your
data base to make sure it is clean and clear before you autorecon.  If,
during the autorecon, the process stalls, stop and *immediately* do a
Marc records integrity check.  We did not do this (the manuals do not say
to do it) and as a result, our database went to the moon.  Follett does
not want the blame for this, and in fairness, I can not prove beyond a
shadow of a doubt that it was Alliance Plus that caused the corruption,
but it did happen twice during the autorecon, so exercise caution and do
those before and after integrity checks.

My tech and I are very unhappy with this experience, and other bad
experiences with Unison.  Good luck to you-- Wanda Cuniff in Nacogdoches, TX.

LM_NET Archive Home