     Dear LM_Netters,
     I am a school librarian trying to help a group of 8th graders with
their research topic which is Japanese Internment Camps-WWII. The
students and I have located many book sources but we are interested in
collecting first hand accounts of life in these internment camps from
people who actually occupied these camps.
     If any of you actually lived in an internment camp or can put us in
touch with someone that has we would be very grateful. We are interested
in any first hand accounts of living conditions, conflict within the
camps, and any insights about long term effects camp experiences have had
on your life. We have not formulated a thesis statement and are
attempting to come up with an interesting approach. Any letters you send
me will be printed out and utilized as text for a multimedia history day
project presentation. Please address letters to the folowing students:
     Naomi Reid, Rachel Kondo, Charla Makua

     Please send letters to me at this address and I will make sure the
students get copies of the letters. I am hoping to impress their teachers
with the idea that the internet can be a valuable resource of information.
We have just strted to use the internet.
     My address is:  susans@Kalama.doe.Hawaii.Edu
     Susan Shishido
     2945 Iolani St.
     Pukalani, Maui, Hawaii