I've been "volunteered to co-chair the 1995 NJ Educational Media Association
annual conference.  We average 1000-1300 attendance total, at a 3 day
extravaganza held at a medium hotel/convention site.  Whjat have other
state organizations done, at their conferences, re:
1.  Programming:
A.  How many sessions per day?
B.  How many concurrent programs per session?
C.  How do you decide what to schedule when?
2. Registration:
A.  Do you require preregistration for individual workshops, or is it
open for choose your own program to attend, on the spur of the moment?
C.  If you do do preregistration, how do you do it?
3.  Meal functions:
A.  what kinds, why, how much do you charge, what works and what doesn't?
B.  Who gets comped?
4.  Fun activities?
--any?  What?  or is this all serrious stuff for professional development?

Please send any answers, suggestions, etc. to me at <yucht@zodiac.rutgers.edu>
Also, if there were a planner's guide available, how much would you be
willing to pay for it?  Linworth publishers is considering this topic for
a possible publication... but needs to know if there is really a market
for it.  You can let *them* know at <newslin@aol.com>

Thanks:  I hate having to re-invent the wheel, when I know someone else
has probably already done it ver well.
Alice the Info-trekker.   Remembver:  "She who laughs, lasts." - R. Barreca

LM_NET Archive Home