Arlene,
You would probably be surprised at the large number of hospitals that do
heart transplants now days.  There are probably over one hundred.

In our phone book, in the yellow pages is a phone number for our local
donor services organization.  If your town/city has one of these, then
they could more than likely, supply you with the info. you are seeking.

On the East Coast, The hospitals at Univ. of Pittsburgh and Univ. of
Alabama at Birmingham are two of the larger transplant programs.
My mother received a new heart at UAB in 1990!

If you have access to a news group reader, there is a group on
<transplants> you could join.

Hope this helps!

Martha Emrey
mjemrey@sacam.oren.ortn.edu

On Mon, 12 Dec 1994, Arlene McDace wrote:

> We need a list the heart transplant hospitls in the USA (international
> is OK too).  Does anyone have a particular phone number or address we can
> contact?  Thanks!

LM_NET Archive Home