Greetings lm_net!  I feel like saying, "I'm a first-time caller."
I am writing at the request of our librarian to find out what security
measures are used at free-standing computer stations in your media centers.
We are not, at present, networked.  Instead, we have an assortment of six
stand-alones with external or internal CD-Roms attached.  Our problem is
students (usually the "lunch-bunch") getting to DOS and putting passwords on
or deleting certain files.  We have tried using a menu and a password, but
some of the real "hackers" view this as only a minor inconvenience.  What do
some of you do to prevent this problem?  Help!

--

LM_NET Archive Home