On Tue, 13 Dec 1994, RDOBBS wrote:

> Can I switch my LM_Net accountaddress to a different e-mail system by just
> sending an e-mail message?  ..or must I unsubscribe on one and come on as a
> new subscriber on the other?   Thanks for your assistance.

   One must first unsubscribe from their current address, then resubscribe
from their new address.  This is due to the peculiarities of the listserv
software that runs the list, which requires that a person unsubscribe from
their registered mail address.

  In the event that you want to unsubscribe/sign off from LM_NET....

  1.  Send these words in the first line of a message:  signoff lm_net

  2.  Send your signoff message to:  listserv@suvm.syr.edu
       For Bitnet members, send to:  listserv@suvm

       and you will be dropped.  (No other words are necessary.)

  P L E A S E do _NOT_ send the message to LM_NET. It will go to 3,000+
members of the discussion group, creating ill will and consternation among
our happy members. Send it ONLY to:  listserv@suvm.syr.edu

  If you are unable to sign-off alone, contact the managers-owners of the
list, and ask them to remove you (pmilbury@ericir.syr.edu or
mike@ericir.syr.edu).  We will do it as soon as is humanly possible.

  It is easy to re-subscribe to LM_NET.  If you follow the instructions
below, you should not have any trouble joining.  (Tip: be sure to type the
address _exactly_ as shown.)  Please let me know if you need any more
assistance.

  To re-subscribe to LM_NET, just do this:

1.  Send an e-mail message to:  listserv@suvm.syr.edu
     (If Bitnet user, send to:  listserv@suvm )

2.  In the first line of the message, type:

    SUBSCRIBE LM_NET Firstname Lastname

    (Of course, you would substitute your actual name for Firstname
     Lastname in the line, such as
       "SUBSCRIBE LM_NET Joan Doe"    (No quotes necessary.)

   The way LM_NET is handling requests for membership is now being handled
   automatically by the Syracuse University listserv computer and software.
   The LM_NET listserv computer will respond with an informative message,
   which will ask you for a confirmation.  You will then be added if you
   properly follow the directions (which are pretty easy.)

Best wishes,

Peter          PMILBURY@ERICIR.SYR.EDU
Peter Milbury, Library Media Teacher/Mentor Teacher/TeleMentor .............
Pleasant Valley High School, Chico, California 95926     Voice: 916-891-3060
Co-owner of LM_NET:  Discussion Group for School Library Media Professionals
    Connecting Over 3,000 School Library Media Professionals Worldwide

LM_NET Archive Home