On Thu, 15 Dec 1994, George Anne Draper wrote:
> I got a brouchure on the American Heritage Dictionary on disk.  Is
> that a good purchase for the computer at 29.95?  A free cd-rom
> version comes with it. I am just beginning this "technology scene"
> and would appreciate any advice. Thanks.

That brings to mind a question that has been popping in and out of my
head.  The other day, a student was in the library and asked me for that
"little calculator thing that gives definitions"!  Are dictionaries going
the way of the button hook, the whalebone stays, and the multiplication
tables?  She said her teacher allows her to use the "calculator thing"
to define her words.  She had a *great deal* of trouble handling whole
pages of words at a time.  Does that mean dictionaries will disappear
from the library the same way the card catalog is doing?

Betty
bhamilt@tenet.edu

LM_NET Archive Home