Aloha LM_NET!
=09I=D5ve  been lurking since October, and enjoying every minute.  But=20
so far
all I=D5ve done is reply individually.  I love the immediacy of this . . .=
=20
instead of
dropping things into my =D2inbox=D3, this format allows me to reply at once=
.
=09I=D5m a 20 year+  veteran of elementary library work who is a gung=20
ho=20
convert to technology.  I have Circ+ and Cat+ , and don=D5t know how  I liv=
ed
without them.  I also have a sympathetic computer teacher sharing space
in the library, and thanks to his help we have 8 networked Macs available
(4 with CD drives, and one with video output) in the library proper.  We ar=
working hard to get our staff as excited about all of this as we are  . .=
=20
. but=20
sometimes it is an uphill battle.  I=D5ve found many of the discussions on=
=20
LM_NET
have helped to impress faculty members with the fact this may be a useful
innovation after all.
=09Besides technology, my professional interests run to=20
storytelling,=20
promoting our school=D5s geography bee, beginning video production, and
producing a fundraiser Haunted House each year. =20
=09Thanks for the opportunity to *come out*, and for all the great ideas
and inspiration I=D5ve gotten just from silently looking on!
=09Mele Kalikimaka to all!
Candace Foster
Librarian, Aina Haina Elementary School
Honolulu, HI  96821