> I agree -- why should everyone have to "suffer" through frivolity?
>
> On Wed, 14 Dec 1994, Debbie Athanases wrote:
>
> > I remember the last unlurking day really strained my mailbox and my time
> > available for reading mail.  I'd like to propose a uniform subject
> > heading "unlurking" for the benefit of those who can't or don't want to

I don't agree.  It's not frivolous.  If you look at the messages,
you'll see that a lot of them also have genuine questions.  It's a
good way to break the ice and finally send something to the list.  Of
course, now we'll have the complaints about "too much mail" as the
former lurkers start posting regularly, adding to the volume.

If you're paying directly for your account, you can set "nomail"
before "unlurking day" and search the gopher archives for interesting
messages.

Dan Robinson
dan@info.hwwilson.com

LM_NET Archive Home