Please help.  A staff member is trying to find the text of poem her
grandmother recited to her as a child.  It begins
"Santa Claus came down the chimney and did he get black.
 Soot was on his hair and whiskers and soot was on his precious pack."

It ends "and remember clean your chimney one and all."

I have been a lurker for about 6 weeks and really enjoy the Net.  I am
librarian at Hughston Elementary in Plano, Texas. We are a K-5 school
with 620 students.  This is my first year back in the library after
teaching second grade for 12 years.  I am loving it.  I was a middle
school librarian for 5 years.

Please reply directly to Jane Newberry. Email: jnewber@tenet.edu

LM_NET Archive Home