To Betty and all others --

Well!  This is more like it!  LOTS of responses and ideas about creating
a job description for the 21st century!

I agree that we should brainstorm ideas over the 'net, and compile a list
of aspects of wor work that include all areas of technology and/or
multimedia.  I think these areas are probably the least included in the
descriptions we have now.  I don't see that we have to throw out our
entire old descriptions, just update them.

I also think that some of us will or will not wish certain items included
in our own descriptions, for whatever reasons, so should we just develop
a resource list of job items for people to choose between for their own
districts?

Maybe we should begin by setting out any ideas that anyone already has in
their description, as well as any obvious ones we all know, to get the
ball rolling.

My first entry is:  Organizing all of the software disks and/or back-up
disks for the school into the old card catalog drawers by type of software, type
  of computer, teacher/room
it came from, or whatever system seems to fit.  [I know this seems
trivial, but this kind of thing takes our time, and should be noted
SOMEWHERE to our supervisors that we have lots of this sort of task to
do.  Yes?   No?]

Maybe we should make a separate message with just the list, and then we
could ad to it and repost, deleting old messages as new ones appear.

What do y'all think?

Shellie Mueller
entiat@u.washington.edu

LM_NET Archive Home