I have searched the back files (archives) and can not find an adequate
discussion of this topic and would like to invite responses.  We are
experiencing sizeable problems with remote access -multiuser access for
our CD-ROM products in one of our high schools which is a pretty high
tech school.  Before we attempt a larger WAN for our district or even
more LAN's within individual schools, we would like to know solutions
Lm_netters have found.  What kinds of equipment, networking, software,
etc. do you use (successfully) in making multiple CD's accessible to
multiple users?  We are having speed problems, just plan access problems,
etc.  Our computer coordinator and the director of media services have
asked me to try to get this information.  I will assume many of you will
be too busy to respond until January but will collect responses (please
make the personal since our local provider's mailbox has been getting all
jammed and I may have to set my status to no mail again).  I will try to
let you know the results in late January.  Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Nancy JP Lively
Anne Arundel County Public Schools
Professional Library
2644 Riva Road