I'm preparing to meet my school board in two weeks.  One item to be discussed
is program goals, including moving to automation on InfoOhio.

Here's our background.:
My aide (she's the greatest) and I cover four K-4 buildings, giving them each
two full days per week.

Our technology committee and administration have set automating services as a
goal;  it's probably three or more years down the road--they have targeted
the high school and middle school to be done first.

In addition to planning for automation, I believe we have to plan for
increased staffing to run these libraries.   I need to know, from your
experiences, what is reasonable, feasible, even minimal, in order to run a
K-4 program with automated catalog/circulation services.  Will it work with
volunteers?  How much can students do for themselves, or assist others?

I'll compile responses and post a HIT-> on the topic back to the entire
LM_NET.

Thanks,
Debbie Weber, Elementary Librarian
Crestwood Local Schools