I had no readout on the PHD screen.  Thought the battery was dead.  No
results with recharging.  Then remembered a procedure that one of our
other library personnel had been told by Follett.  It is not in any manual:
>While holding down both "yes" and "no" buttons, turn on PHD.
>57*> will appear in window
>Hold down #6 button for 3 beeps.
>Normal display should appear in the window.
This worked and I am back in business.
Support services did not tell me about this procedure and after buying
new batteries, fearing the lithium battery was gone, I was about to send
the PHD for servicing beginning with a $50 service fee.  It's at least
worth a try.
achurch@calstate.eis.edu

LM_NET Archive Home