It's a good idea but I know of one district where Middle States said their
library services were poor and so far they've done nothing to implement any
changes. I'm not sure that Middle States has that much power to change things.
We have also had districts criticized by our State Ed. Department and there
has been no change. As long as they meet minimum State standards they seem to
be happy(At least a partime certified LMS per district at the secondary level
based on the number of students. There are no requirments for elementary
except that they have a library). I still think that we have to do it for
ourselves by enlisting teachers, administrators and communities in the fight
to give our kids information and the skills to use it.

Linda A. Nichols                   phone(607)776-7631
Steuben-Allegany BOCES               fax(607)776-7226
6666 Babcock Hollow Rd.           LNICHOLS@ERIE.BITNET
Bath, NY  14810                   STASLS1@transit.nyser.net

LM_NET Archive Home