Help!  In a local school district, the library, media, and technology
people developed a 5 year plan and presented to the Board of Education.
The number one question from the Board was "productivity" - how will this
improve the productivity of students and faculty.

Yes, I know - we can easily question the wisdom of this type of question,
but the solution is not to argue with the board about the question. The
solution is to address the question head-on.  So, please respond if you
have any SPECIFIC research or examples about how technology (information
technology in particular) affects student (and teacher) productivity.
I'm really looking for documented quantitative or qualitative studies, or
specific examples.  Unfortunately, opinions will not sway them very much.

Thanks!

Mike

Related quantitative data on issues of the impact of technology on student
performance or attitude would also be acceptable.

Thanks.

I will compile the answers and repost to LM_NET.

Thanks.

Mike

          |       Mike Eisenberg   <mike@ericir.syr.edu>             |
          |      Professor, School of Information Studies            |
          | Director, ERIC Clearinghouse on Information & Technology |
          |      Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY 13244             |
          |      Phone: 315/443-4549   Fax: 315/443-5448             |

LM_NET Archive Home