For the past seven years, we have been teaching the "Holocaust and Human
Rights" to our sixth graders, with emphasis upon values education and
Holocaust literature.

Our eighth grade teachers want to continue the human rights dialog with
students through literature set in this country.  We are a high-achieving
community with eighth grade students reading at high school level.  Do you
have any titles to suggest?  A FAREWELL TO MANZANAR doesn't seem
compelling enough to sustain interest as a class reading.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Linda Bennett (lbennet@ctp.org)
Kent Middle School
250 Stadium Way