We purchased the NEC TRIPLE in Sept. and still do not have it up and
running as we had hoped.  Be aware of a couple of problem areas if you are
considering this CD ROM drive:
        We have IBM PS/1 and internal drive would not fit correctly and
had to be returned.
        We tried to use Future Domain 8 bit and Procom Technology 8 bit
SCSI enabler but would not work.  Had to buy NEC 16 bit card.  Still have
not been able to load the several multimedia programs we got with CD ROM
drive.  Get message that there is not enough memory after one program is
loaded.  Believe this is IBM memory problem, and are working on it.  The
bottom line is that the whole situation has been VERY frustrating.

        Carrol McCarthy, Tower Hill School
        mccarthy@brahms.udel.edu

On Thu, 27 Jan 1994, Carol Simpson wrote:

> The last issue of CDROM world evaluated new CD-ROM drives.  Their "best
> buy was a NEC TRIPLE speed drive.  $500 internal, $600 external.
>
> Carol Mann Simpson                   csimpson@tenet.edu
> Facilitator - Library Technology          214 882-7450
> Mesquite (TX) Independent School District

LM_NET Archive Home