        Multicore (Multi-Lis) software for cat and circ does
        offer an easy authority control within the program.
        If I remember the demo correctly, I believe that
        Dynix Scholar has the same offer, but check with
        them to be sure.  Winnebago does offer gobal editing
        which is helpful and I use PC Anywhere to dial in
        from home to work in that section when I have the
        opportunity -- snow days.  I don't believe Follett
        has global edit -- at least the last time I checked
        over a year ago, I was told they would not be con-
        sidering it.  That could be changed.  I would love
        to have built in authority, however, when I go into
        a more glitzy system I will send my tape out for
        an authority check to a vendor such as MARCIVE or
        Blackwell's of North America (the latter advice
        given by someone who has much experience in school
        tech and automation).  As to addresses and phone
        numbers for these places, I have them at school
        and can post to the Net if anyone is interested.

        Marianne at Mariemont HS in Cincinnati
        <haase_m@hcca.oecn.ohio.gov>

LM_NET Archive Home