I now work in small district (about 1300 students) with 1 elementary building
(grades K-6) and 1 high school building (grades 7-12).  Each building has it's
own library.

My superintendent, looking to possible future money for building, has
approached both the elementary librarian and me about our feelings concerning
building 1 central library building housing collections for K through 12.  I
have never seen a facility like this and have many reservations.  He says he
has seen them and is very excited about the idea.

I see advantages as far as sharing some equipment, facilities, and resources.
It would also make it very convenient for the elementary and high school
librarians to communicate and work together.  However, I have had headaches
just with seventh graders in with seniors and trying to meet the needs of
these diverse groups.

Any input--negative or positive--would be greatly appreciated.  I am also
trying to sell him on the value of services such as Internet and this is a
great way to show him what a help something like LM_NET can be to all of us.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Nancy Montgomery
Felicity-Franklin H.S.
415 Washington St.