We evaluated the Columbia package several years ago when we were making
our automation decision.  I was impressed, and would have recommended it.
Alas, when the time came to make a presentation to the whole committee,
they sent a salesman who knew little or nothing about it!  It was a bomb,
and the committee rejected the package out of hand.  Columbia, by the way,
is the old Ocelot software.  The neat thing is that it is full-featured
(circ, cat, serials, union, OPAC) and it interfaces with the admin package
BY DESIGN!  Nifty.

Carol Mann Simpson                   csimpson@tenet.edu
Facilitator - Library Technology          214 882-7450
Mesquite (TX) Independent School District

LM_NET Archive Home