Thanks so much to those of you who suggested multi-media for a project
entitled "Taking care of planet earth".  Here is a bibliography of useful
media to use on environmental, ecology or Earth Day units:

CD ROM--Big Blue Planet, Tom Snyder
        The Great Ocean Rescue, Tom Snyder
        Small Blue Planet, Now What Software
        Big Green Disc, MDI
Computer software__Endangered Species Database, SVE
                   Field Trip to the Rain Forest, Wings for Learning
Video(VHS)--Dinosaurs to the Rescue, SRA
            My First Nature Video, Sony Kids Video
            My First Green Video, Sony Kids Video
            Tinka's Planet, The Video Project
            50 Simple Things Kids Can Do to Save the Earth, David Engle
                Products
            Catch Me if You Can, The Video Project
            Tadpole and the Whale
            You Can't Grow Home Again
            The Rotten Truth
Audio--Kid's Eye View of the Environment
       Earth Day, Live Oak Media
       I'm Blue, With Michael Mish, Mish Mash Music
Filmstrip--Taking Care of Our Earth, National Geographic
           A Study in Ecology: A Maple Forest, Knowledge Unlimited
Video disc--STV:Rainforest, National Geographic
Books--Seeing Earth from Space, Patricia Lauber
       The Kapok Tree, Lyn Cherry
       River Keeper, George Ancona
       Turtle Watch, George Ancona
       Who Killed Cock Robin? Jean Craighead George
       A Day in the Rainforest, Jean Craighead George
       Julie of the Wolves, Jean Craighead George
       The Lorax (video also), Dr. Seuss
       Just a Dream, Chris Van Allsburg
       Going Green:  A Kid's Handbook to Saving the Planet, John Elkington
       Recycle: A Handbook for Kids, Gail Gibbons
       Oliver and the Oilspill, Aruna Chandnasekhar
       Cactus Hotel, Brenda Guiberson
       Mother Earth, Nancy Luenn
       Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles ABC's for a Better Planet, JK Rosser
       Brother Eagle, Sister Sky,  Chief Seattle and Susan Jeffers
       How Green Are You?  George Ancona
       The Missing Gator of Gumbo Limbo, J.C. George

Journal--Science Books and Films
         Science and Children---Every  March issue prints outstanding
                                science trade  books for children...

A SPECIAL THANKS TO MARSHA RAKESTRAW  FOR GOING ABOVE AND BEYOND THE CALL
OF DUTY!!Thanks for the snail-mail bibliography!

Happy summer reading!
Janie Braxdale                     janieb@tenet.edu
1205 Owl Court
Round Rock, Tx.  78681