Two books I really enjoyed are SEARCHING FOR DRAGONS and DEALING WITH
DRAGONS by Patricia Wrede.  They are suitable for good third grade
readers up to about 6th grade.  I don't know which is the first and which
is the sequel.  They are about a princess who thinks that being a
princess is pretty dull, and getting married to a prince probably duller,
so she goes off to live with a bunch of dragons and helps them out in
some adventures.  A nice twist, and good reads.
Tamah Graber
Darnestwon Elementary School
Darnestown MD                           tgraber@umd5.umd.edu

On Tue, 12 Jul 1994, uwnet wrote:

> Librarians, help!  By next Tuesday, I'm to have compiled a bibliography
> of books about dragons divided by grade level and type.  Does anyone have
> a favorite book or two they would suggest.  I'm aiming toward
> intermediate level (3-5) and high school in particular.  This will
> coordinate with a hands-on project (in Fimo) for my library/media class
> in curriculum.  Thanks for any help you can send.
>                 Arliss B. Moll uwnet45@u.washington.edu
> P.S.  I'm doing an OPAC search and some hands-on, but it would be fun to
> have personal recommendations.

LM_NET Archive Home