> Dear fellow 'netters,
>    Do any of you publish a library newsletter for your students? I do a
> monthly newsletter for my faculty/staff, but would like to start a new
> one for the kids. My main purpose would be to encourage reading,
> especially among the 4th and 5th graders.

I have occasionally done so on an erratic basis.  Include student book
reviews, book/library word searches,  riddles (ask the question and say "you
can find the answer on page 43 of a book with this call number:  793.5
BAR"),  Headlines  (eg.,  FAMILY OF DUCK SEEN CROSSING BUSY STREET - What
book is it?  [Make Way for Ducklings]),  scrambled titles  (e.g.  dsalin fo
hte uble iohlpnds [Island of the Blue Dolphins]).  You can have a mailbox in
the library where kids put their responses, and it is enough to put a
sticker on a correct answer and post it for a week. Also include
announcements of new books and a schedule of events.   Good luck.

--Suzanne Cane, Providence, R.I.
--

AT