I am a graduate student on Emporia State University in Kansas working
on my MLS.  I need to do a 15 minute presentation on a childrens'
author or illustrator.  I have searched in the usual biographical
sources such as; "Something About the Author," "Authors of Books for
Young People," "Biography Index," etc. but have found little information
let alone something interesting or earth shattering about the author.
I would appreciate any suggestions of authors or illustrators and/or
sources of information about authors or illustrators that anyone
could suggest.  I will accept titles of books, videotapes, filmstrips,
etc. that are available.  My presentation is due Friday, August 5.
Please e-mail me personally.

Thanks in advance,
Joyce Richards
e-mail  richardj@esuvm.bitnet