Forwarded from KIDSPHERE......

> IECC                  Intercultural Email Classroom Connections
> IECC-PROJECTS
> IECC-DISCUSSION

> to each list you are interested in separately.
>
> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 -

> iecc@stolaf.edu                       Finding partner classrooms in the Interc
 ultural
>                               Email Classroom
>
>       "IECC" is intended for teachers seeking partner classrooms for
>       international and cross-cultural electronic mail exchanges.
>       This list is *not* for discussion or for people seeking
>       individual penpals.
>
>       To subscribe, send a message containing the word "subscribe" to:
>               iecc-request@stolaf.edu
>
>       To UNsubscribe, send a message containing the word "unsubscribe" to:
>               iecc-request@stolaf.edu
>
>       Once you have subscribed, we welcome your request for a partner
>       classroom.  We ask that you follow the general format described
>       below:
>               * Subject
>                   Please use a descriptive subject such as:
>                       "Seeking Spanish-speaking classroom"
>                   or  "Looking for 12 college students in Pakistan"
>
>               * Body
>                       * Information about your classroom
>                               * your name
>                               * name and location of your institution
>                               * discipline (if appropriate)
>                               * academic "level" of your students
>                                       (e.g., college/university, 7th grade)
>                               * number of students
>                               * when you would like to connect
>                               * other special interests
>
>                       * Preferences for a partner classroom
>                               * academic "level"
>                               * country/culture (area within a country
>                                       if appropriate)
>                               * discipline (if appropriate)
>                               * language
>                               * number of students
>                               * other preferences (e.g., Spanish-speakers,
>                                       Japanese Americans)
>
>       You may also wish to look through past contributions to the
>       IECC mailing list.  See the "ACHIVE OF PAST POSTINGS"
>       section below for further information.

>       may announce or request help with specific projects that
>       involve email, internationally or cross-culturally.
>
>       To subscribe, send a message containing the word "subscribe" to:
>               iecc-projects-request@stolaf.edu
>
>       To UNsubscribe, send a message containing the word "unsubscribe" to:
>               iecc-projects-request@stolaf.edu
>
> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 -

> iecc-discussion@stolaf.edu    General discussion about the Intercultural
>                               Email Classroom
>
>       "IECC-DISCUSSION" is intended for general discussion about
>       questions, issues, observations, etc. in the Intercultural
>       Email Classroom Connections.
>
>       To subscribe, send a message containing the word "subscribe" to:
>               iecc-discussion-request@stolaf.edu

> [...]

Dear Networker,

We would like to wish you welcome to list KIDLINK (KIDLINK Project List).

KIDS-95 is a grassroot project aiming at getting as many children in the age
group 10 -15 as possible involved in a GLOBAL dialog continuing until May
1995. The next project will be called KIDS-96.

KIDLINK is the name of the organization of volunteers who run the KIDS-xx
yearly projects.

The "KIDLINK" discussion list has been established as a central information
service for all persons interested in the development of the KIDS-95 global
dialog project. This is where the newsletters are being published, where you
can read about media reports, celebration plans, and other kinds of general
announcements. If you sign off from this list, then you won't know what is
going on!

Please note that the KIDLINK list has not been set up for any dialog or
discussion. It is just an information service.

The KIDLINK list is only one part of our activity. We also have the following
discussion lists under our "umbrella":

RESPONSE  is where the children send their responses to the four introductory
          questions:

           1) Who am I?
           2) What do I want to be when I grow up?
           3) How do I want the world to be better when I grow up?
           4) What can I do now to make this happen?

          This is the *only* purpose of this list. When this is done, we
          invite the children to start writing messages in KIDCAFE.

          Subscription: free for everybody. The children can search the
          archives of old messages sent to RESPONSE to find potential
          friends with matching personal interests, etc.

KIDCAFE   is for kids aged 10 - 15. Here, they can talk about whatever they
          like, establish relationships with new friends in other countries,
          discuss the future, school, hobbies, environment, or whatever.
          Subscription: Open for everybody, _but_ read only for those not
          in this age group. And, read only for kids who have not yet
          introduced themselves publicly by responding to the four basic
          questions.

KIDCAFEP  Portuguese language version of KIDCAFE
KIDCAFES  Spanish language KIDCAFE
KIDCAFEJ  Japanese language
KIDCAFEN  Scandinavian languages

KIDLEADR  is for teachers, coordinators, parents, social workers, and others
          interested in KIDS-95. This is an informal meeting place for those
          involved in KIDLINK: exchange of curriculum ideas, networking on a
          personal level, ask for help, requests for hello messages, teacher
          introductions, invitations to joint class projects, and much more.
          Subscription: Open to everybody. Remember to check out the archives
          of KIDLEADR for interesting background information.

KIDLEADP  Portuguese language version of KIDLEADR
KIDLEADS  Spanish language
KIDLEADJ  Japanese language
KIDLEADN  Scandinavian languages

KIDFORUM  has been created to provide an outlet for works by kids on a series
          of topics specified in advance. It is designed to promote exchanges
          between classroom groups of students. Monthly topics will be selected
          and scheduled in advance so that teachers can make plans for their
          classes to participate.

KIDPROJ   has been created to enable teachers/youth group leaders to provide
          projects for children through the KIDLINK network. For additional
          information, send a message to LISTSERV@vm1.nodak.edu . In the TEXT
          of your message, write the command GET KIDLINK PROJINFO

KIDPLAN   is for those who want to participate in the detail planning of
          various aspects of the project. For example, this is where the
          annual Celebration activities are coordinated, and the KIDFORUM
          topics are being discussed.

GETTING INFORMATION
- -------------------
You may want to seek more information from the archive before involving
yourself in the discussion. We suggest that you first retrieve the files
GENERAL, MASTER, and some recent newsletters.

To get the first two of these files, send an ordinary email message to
LISTSERV@vm1.nodak.edu (or LISTSERV@NDSUVM1 on BITNET). The TEXT of your
request should contain the following commands:

   GET KIDLINK GENERAL
   GET KIDLINK MASTER

You can also get this information through the KIDLINK Gopher. Use the
following command to access this service:

    telnet 165.190.8.35  login: gopher
      -OR- Use your own Gopher:
    gopher kids.ccit.duq.edu 70

Browse through the menus to find the above file, stored by subject.

Contribution to this list is automatically archived. You can obtain a list of
archived notes by sending an "INDEX KIDLINK" command in an ordinary email
message to the LISTSERV address above.

You can have these files sent to you by sending the command:

    GET KIDLINK filetype

or by using the database search facilities of LISTSERV.

Send the command "INFO DATABASE" to LISTSERV (in an ordinary email message)
for more information about to have files sent to you.

You can also retrieve the list notebooks (e.g. archives of old contributions)
via anonymous FTP to VM1.NoDak.EDU (134.129.111.1, userid Anonymous, any
password). Once validated do a CD KIDLINK to access the KIDLINK disk. (The
file system is NOT hierarchical, so you must do a CD ANONYMOUS if you want to
return to the "root".)

Looking forward to your involvement in KIDS-95!

Thanks,

Odd de Presno
KIDLINK Project Director

PS: For more information on the KIDS-95 project, please do not hesitate to
contact me at <opresno@extern.uio.no>.

LM_NET Archive Home