we add all of our materiqals in a sequential range of bar code numbers;
inother words, we allow Winnebago to assign the numbers; we don't use the
numbers assigned by the microlif disk.  Each year we just out beginning
range of bar code numbers.  Periodically we print a list of "number of
materials": by type.  We have found it very useful to know that a certain
range of numbers equates with x year of purchase.  This is especially useful

for capital items.  I've used this method for years and much prefer  it
to assigning ranges to vendors or material types.
Mary Alice Andersdon, Winona Minn. Middle School

LM_NET Archive Home