My library committee has instructed me to find the requirements necessary to pro
 vide multi-media to our clientele.  I have read widely on the subject, but thou
 ght it wouldn't hurt to ask for advice from those who have experience.  The lit
 erature says the hardware should be at a minimum a 486 DX-33 with 8mb RAM, inkj
 et printer (for sound), double-spin CD ROM drive (at least) 14,400 baud modem.
  Could anyone advise if this is acceptable, also although we have access to an
 ever-increasing body of suppliers of CD ROM software, could I have an idea of w
 hat to look for, or your suggestions as to the better suppliers?  I'm asking a
 lot I know, but any advice would be appreciated.  Thank you in anticipation.  R
 uss Elwin, Seymour Municipal Library, Victoria, Australia.  (Nexus ID relwin)

LM_NET Archive Home