Date: Sat, 23 Jul 1994 01:31 -0400 (EDT)
From: kahaske@edcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kay Haske)

I have heard the same recommendations that you have.  In fact our library
has two 486DX, etc.  We purchased a bubble jet printer two years ago,
because it was quiet.  It certainly is quiet, and it is fast.
BUT, yes, it does go through a lot of cartridges.  They are not cheap,
but you can buy refills to cut down on your cost.  You must be careful
to not touch the ink on the paper until it is dry.  It smears and if you
get it on your fingers, it is VERY hard to remove.  Another problem with
the cartridges is the fact the when they are empty, there is no warning.
Suddenly, it won't print.  If you don't have another cartridge on hand,
the printer can't be used.  The cost in my area is about $27.00 each.

The supplier we buy from is local, and the service is excellent.
I hope I have helped a little.

--
Kay Haske
John Glenn High School Library