> Wow, a flame on LM_NET!? The summer is really heating up. Unfortunately, the
> subject line referred to the digest, so I don't know what Gordy's responding
> to. I can't recall a recent posting that riled me (and I do rile fairly
> easily.) So give me a clue as to what provoked such a colorful riposte.

Joe and the Group,

From my 23 years of experience as an educator of 6th through 11th graders,
my guess would be that the person posting the message was, in fact, not
an LM_NETter but an adolescent using someone else's address to attempt to
shock a bunch of library media people.  The reason I say this is because
my husband set up an electronic bulletin board here at home purposely for
school computer class practice.  He had war games and most of what most BBSs
have so the students could get a real feel for what a BBS is like.  The
war games became pretty intense, so instead of "picking up his marbles
and going home," out of frustration one student began posting the same
types of messages.  It provided the teacher with a great opportunity to
explain network etiquette.

I would guess that that same message may have appeared on more than one
network -- it just sounded like that kind of posting.  I just delete and
forget about it.

Betty
Betty Hamilton      <bhamilt@tenet.edu>     Voice: (806) 637-4523
Director of Library Media                           701 Cub Drive
Brownfield High School                        Brownfield TX 79316

LM_NET Archive Home