Hi,
I have been very fortunate in having been able to establish a close
working relationship with all of the staff members as we have moved into
cooperative program planning in the various disciplines with the result
that a considerable amount of projects revolve about the use of library
resources. As well, new topics for consideration have been proposed. I
have found myself turning for help to the educators on this list and have
been most gratified by the generosity of the responses. THANK YOU!
I have been asked to pull together materials on current topics for a
Grade 12 social studies class - world population growth, food shortages,
high infant mortality, agrarian reform, disease, malnutrition,
desertfication and unwise use of land, illiteracy, women's issues, third
world countries etc.
While I have gathered some materials, I am interested in corresponding
with a number of individuals who would be prepared to work with me in the
sharing of materials with the result that at the end of the process each
of us would have accumulated materials that would support class
discussions. If you're interested, drop me a personal note. I'd like to
have the job finished by the end of August.

Evelyn Wood
Librarian
Agassiz Secondary School
Agassiz, B.C.