Date: Thu, 02 Jun 1994 10:17:06 -0500 (CDT)
From: Lisa Walters <lwalters@bigcat.missouri.edu>

Gopher was developed at the University of Minnesota.  Their mascot is the
GOPHER therefore they gave it that name.  ALSO - the menu helps you
go-for (gopher) information.

Hope this helps.

Lisa Walters      Media Technologist   e-mail: lwalters@bigcat.missouri.edu

Rock Bridge H.S.  4303 S. Providence Rd. Columbia, Mo  65203  314-886-2565
Career Center     4203 S. Providence Rd. Columbia, Mo  65203  314-886-2610

On Wed, 1 Jun 1994, Nexus Education Network : lm_net (Australia) wrote:

> Hello All
>
> I have just started out in the gopher world and I was
> wondering where the term 'gopher' came from.
> Is it an acronym?
> What is gopherspace?
>
> I have vague ideas on these but I'm sure some
> smart person can give me something more consise.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Brett.
>
> Any possibility of emailing to bivery@nexus.edu.au ?

LM_NET Archive Home