We've been using a 1x3 label with full call #, Title, description and our
stamp on the top side, covered with thin label-covering tape and it works
well.  We print the labels on the computer and use the same labels for a
card and the plastic case, inserting the card into the flat side of the
case inside of a pocket.  So far it works fine.  Full cataloging using
MRDF as the prefix, of course, and we interfile with the rest of our
computer software.  (Machine-readable data file: works for any kind of
computer file - even holorith cards - and the description provides
pertinent info to the user as to machine format.)  I think this is sound,
but am always willing to hear new ideas.  However, with 15 libraries to
be concerned about, and make changes in, I don't pick up new ideas and
make retrospective changes real quickly, so this has been used for about
8 years on our software and so far we've adapted it for all kinds of formats.

On Fri, 3 Jun 1994, DIvy wrote:

> LM_NET Members:
>
> On May 25 I requested information on to labeling CD-ROMs.  I have summarized
> the information that I received as follows:
>
> >From Anne Hegel Clough:  Use permanent markers, fine point "sharpies."
>
> >From David Bigwood:  "Demco sells CD-ROM labels.  The label comes with 1
> circular sticker for the CD itself and 2 strips for each end of the case and 1
> large sticker for the face of the case."  Demco's phone # 800-356-1200
>
> Valorie Ritenour says that she was told to use a magic marker on the center
> part of the CD, the problem she finds with this is that the  numbers can't be
> seen if the CDs are left in their cases.
>
> Kathy Geronzin suggests buying a separate caddy for each CD but hasn't decided
> on the best placement of the labels.
>
> Doris Ivy
> DIvy@hlpusd.K12.ca.us        Voice:  916-228-2587
> Sacramento County Office of Education