We have laminated our cards (in a plasic case) for the past five years,
and the students keep their cards for all four years.  VERY few refuse to
scan--usually the ones that were improperly sealed and then went through
the washer (although many many more have made that particular trip and
survived quite well!), so I don't think that it is simply the fact that
your cards are laminated.  Perhaps your wand is defective, or the tip may
need cleaning (we clean ours every other month--the tip pops off on two
of ours, and unscrews on the third).

Good luck!

Mark Williams

LM_NET Archive Home