I love Granger's on CD-ROM!  It's expensive true, but the fulltext feature
for many poems more than pays for the frustration it saves.  We have a
huge collection of poetry collections but going to a paper index is too
time-consuming.  It's amazingly fast (if you have a powerful computer) and
you can search by keyword in the text.  Eg we tried a keyword search when
a patron knew only acouple of words from the last verse of a selection.
Try that with a paper index.  We had success in three seconds and were
able to print the full text and fax the poem immediately.  Yes it's worth
it.
Elaine Seepish
Instructional Resources
Manitoba Education and TrainingOn Mon, 6 Jun 1994, Maggie M. Calcara wrote:

> Dear LM_NETTERS:  I am currently considering two "big ticket" CD-ROM's
> for purchase.  Because they are so expensive, I would like to make wise
> decisions.  If you have any information on Grangers Index to Poetry on
> CD-ROM, please let me know.  I would love to find someone who is
> currently using it. Also, has anyone previewed, the new McGraw-Hill
> Encyclopedia of Science on CD-ROM. I will summarize responses that I
> receive and post them to the listserve.  Thanks in advance for any help!
> Maggie Calcara
>
> Maggie Calcara, Center High School, 8715 Holmes, Kansas City, MO 64131
> 816-363-2260 mcalcara@services.dese.state.mo.us

LM_NET Archive Home