Chris Dewar (cdewar@MINET.GOV.MB.CA) wrote:
: Dear Netters:
: Does anyone know the title and/or first line of the poem recited at the
: funeral in the film FOUR WEDDINGS AND A FUNERAL?  The poet is H. W.
: Auden.  Please post any clues or the answer to me directly.  Thanks.
: Christine Dewar
: cdewar@minet.gov.mb.ca
Christine, Since you are not the only one to ask, I will answer publicly
(and directly). We had so many queries on this, I finally put it in the
Library newsletter.
        Song: Stop all the clocks
                Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone,
                Prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone,
                Silence the pianos and with muffled drum
                Bring out the coffin, let the mourners come.

It does go on, but I'll leave you the fun of searching it now that you have
the beginning.
        jan christenson, park west h.s.

LM_NET Archive Home